Scheduling & Visits
During your initial consultation, Dr. Vyas will carefully review and discuss your medical history, go over any previous lab work, as well as perform any needed physical exams. If you are a good candidate for our services, Dr. Vyas will discuss the necessary lab tests and schedule your follow-up appointments.
The initial consultation is US $249.
If you are NOT an in-state resident, we recommend your initial visit at NuWave Wellness Center be in person. After the first visit, all follow up visits can be conducted by phone or virtually using our secure video channel if you choose.
Patients have unlimited email access with our NuWave Wellness Center provider team. However, if an email question or request is deemed by one of our staff to be too complicated or involved for a response via email they may, at their discretion, require that the patient schedule a phone, telemedicine or in person visit instead of responding via email.
There is a 24-hour cancellation policy for all appointments with an NuWave Wellness Center doctor, health coach, or team member. Canceling within 24-hours will result in a $50 charge to the credit card on file.
No-shows: If you do not show up to a phone, video/telemedicine or in person appointment without notifying the specific person you have an appointment with either via email or by changing the appointment using the online scheduling tool on the patient portal, you will be charged $100 to the card on file.
Billing & Insurance
For many of our patients, we can take the place of a primary care physician.
It is important to note the following however:
- We do not fulfill an insurance company’s requirement for an in network primary care physician as we are not in-network with most insurance plan (except BCBS).
- NuWave Wellness Center will not submit a medical claim to insurance on your behalf. We cannot assist you with claim resolution for our services.
- We will provided you with a detailed billing summary that you may submit to your insurance for reimbursement. There may be procedures or lab tests that are not covered depending on your plan’s rules.
- You may also apply any uncovered paid labs or office visit statements to you plans Flex or HSA account.
- Most lab tests ordered by a NuWave Wellness Center physician may be billed directly to your insurance by the lab.
- Some lab tests we offer as part of our functional medicine testing program may not be covered by insurance and in these cases you will be charged a fee for a particular test by the lab or through NuWave Wellness Center.
- The specific tests ordered will be personalized to you based on your initial evaluation with Dr. Vyas and may include blood, saliva, urine or stool testing.
- We will make every effort to make you fully aware of any additional lab fees that may be incurred and to give you the opportunity to choose which lab tests you feel comfortable paying for.
- You are under no obligation to purchase any specialty testing.
- Should any lab results indicate you may need further testing you will be directed to continue your care with your primary care physician or a relevant specialist, or should you choose you may continue to work with your NuWave Wellness Center physician.
- At home test kits: If a lab test kit is mailed to you by NuWave Wellness Center, you will be charged the day the kit is mailed.
- If your particular insurance company only pays for blood work done at a particular lab facility like LabCorp, you must inform us of this in advance of having blood work done. Most insurance plans cover labs done by major national labs.